Sunday, April 13, 2008

Updations and Up-gradations.

Update 1:
The previously mentioned "little green/yellow people mover things" are in fact called rickshaws here.

Update 2:
They do actually encourage "lane driving" here, among other helpful tips. (I have laughed a lot on this little voyage.)

Update 3:
You may notice my blog has been both updated and upgraded. Just an FYI in Indian English both of the words used in the title of this post are real words. So put the red pen away and don't correct them. I also heard "illustratement" today.

Interesting fact:
Did you know that, per capita, New Delhi has the highest rate of amputation in the world? Yeah, it's such an issue that instead of having handicapped bathrooms they actually just have "amputee only" restrooms. It's ok, I laughed at first too. Then I saw a guy try to wash his hand in a normal bathroom. Think about it...bet you couldn't do it. Seriously, put one hand behind your back and try to wash the other solo. Not as funny now, is it?
Just kidding. But the sign did make me laugh.

2 comments:

Kelly O. said...

If you were kidding, what IS this sign for?

Erin Hoy said...

Ryan and I enjoyed your blog! Sounds like you are having a blast!